Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Luau

I know I haven't updated my blog in a couple days.

That's because whenever I think back on the luau, I start to hyperventilate.

You see, I experienced such a range of emotions that day. It's difficult for me to share the story of the luau-I'm still trying to heal emotionally. I will attempt to get through it, though. Please pray for me.

I enjoyed the sightseeing I did on my own that day, then I followed the directions Kolina had given me to find the luau. Dan and Mary and their friends weren't there when I arrived. I saw an apple and grabbed it to tide me over until the meal was served. I guess that was my first mistake.




How was I to know that people think a pig with an apple in his mouth is something to be put on a spit over a fire? Why does no one tell me these things until it's too late?

Some not-so-friendly natives grabbed me and tied me to this stick. My apple dropped out of my mouth when I was squealing but, by then, it didn't really matter. I had already lost my appetite.



My squealing caught the attention of Fred and Dan, who happened to be arriving right then. Praise the Lord!

They grabbed the stick before the fire could be started under me. Dan explained, again, that I was with him and told the Hawaiian guys to go find their own pig.



Dan helped me off the stick and told me to stay close from now on. He told me all about luaus, too. I was pretty disgusted.

I want to take this opportunity to tell the whole world that
Dan is my HERO!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: