Monday, January 19, 2009

Saying farewell

I've enjoyed my time here at Porky's. I hate to say goodbye but it's time to move on.

They've been calling me "Padre Paco" because I've been leading a Bible study before we open every day. Apparently Pastor Paul has rubbed off on me more than I realized. I'm gonna miss our times of fellowship but I know I'll find more believers to fellowship with as I travel.

Porky gave me this coffee cup as a memento so I wouldn't forget my time here. He says he'll keep reading my blog so he'll know what's going on with me.



I wanted to give him something to remember me by, too, so I rooted around in my luggage and found this mug from home.



Then I shared this scripture with the whole crew before my last shift with them.


2 Corinthians 13:11-14 (New International Version)

11Finally, brothers, good-by. Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.
12Greet one another with a holy kiss. 13All the saints send their greetings.
14May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

As always, the crew enjoyed my Bible study. But Porky is worried some of the employees might get a little out of hand with that "holy kiss" part.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: