Friday, December 5, 2008

The search continues


I was hoping Petunia would be here, worshipping baby Jesus with the rest of the animals.
I'm beginning to fear that her disappearance has something to do with the fact that this is a store. People buy things they see here. Perhaps someone bought her while I was gone and she has been taken home with them, probably to sit on a shelf like I always did in Pastor Paul's office. I'm going to keep looking to make sure she isn't somewhere in this store before I give up hope.




Though searching for Petunia, I have been able to fulfill another lifelong ambition. I've always wanted to sit on Santa's lap and chat with him. I kept waiting to hear a jolly "Ho, ho, ho" but it didn't happen. I don't think he is the real Santa. Maybe I can't check this off my life list after all.




As I continued through the store, I stopped to ask these guys about Petunia. I thought the one on the right must be a friend of Pastor Sarah's since he is from New York. They were all smiles at first but couldn't help me find Petunia.




Then things turned a little ugly.

Rather than being a friend of Pastor Sarah's, I think he was a friend of Fritz Kern's. Or maybe all guys just immediately think "football" when they think of pigs. I suppose it's better than thinking "bacon".




I landed near this kind-hearted woman. She picked me up from the floor, dusted me off, and put me outside.
Farewell, my dear Petunia, farewell. I hope we will meet again someday.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: