Sunday, June 7, 2009

Times Square Church

Another place our group visited in New York was Times Square Church.

Pastor Sarah still has a lot of friends here, from her time working here. You'd think, with her history with this place, I'd be able to sit in a gold seat instead of these red ones, wouldn't you? But no, rules are rules and even though I claim Sarah as a sister, I still couldn't sit in one of those reserved seats. I think I qualify as "pastor's family", don't I?



I'm sure those gold seats go up and down much more easily than these red ones. I had to jump up and down several times to get this seat to open. Thankfully, I didn't get squished while trying.
I've decided to look on the bright side. I'm much more photogenic on these red seats than I would be on the gold, and I'm sure Jesus would have chosen to sit in the red seats if he came to this church. So, I'm content to stay here.

Aah, comfort. Soft and squishy, just like a theater.
I could go for some popcorn about now.

No comments: