Friday, May 15, 2009

Swine flu

I missed my ride home from New York with the missions team.

I was digging around in the dumpsters when they left. Have you ever been to New York? You would not believe how well you can eat from New York dumpsters. I was preoccupied and they pulled out without me. Maybe I should have let Pastor Paul know I was there. He probably would have packed me in his suitcase and made sure I got home safely. But, after riding in a suitcase to Hawaii and back, I wasn't anxious to repeat the experience.

Oh, that's right. I need to get back on topic.

I needed to find a way home. Feasting in New York is fun, but there's no place like home.


I met a pilot who had his own plane. I told him my story-how I was stuck in New York with no way to get home. He offered to fly me home, since he was heading west. I gladly accepted.

When we were ready to take off, he climbed into the cockpit and I followed. It was almost as claustrophobic as riding in a suitcase. I decided to ride outside instead.

He circled low and dropped me off close to the Lapeer airport. Next time, I'm using a parachute.



I'm beginning to think pigs weren't meant to fly.

Ever since I got back to Lapeer, I haven't been feeling well. I think it might be that "swine flew" that they keep talking about on the news.
I'm sure it couldn't be food poisoning from that beef barbeque I ate in New York. Wait, how do I know it was beef?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: